Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Chaos the Indian road traffic

It is hugely chaotic, functioning and surprising.

A German friend of mine traveling with me in India had one remark specially looking at the state of the traffic in the country –“I think India is a huge chaos by Western standards but a functional one, which is hugely surprising.” Now that was about ten years back when we did not have the kind of automobile revolution we have grown used to since.


My friend told me that he had been a keen watcher of road life the first time he came in contact with Kolkata traffic, which at that point of time was moving towards improvements thanks to the metro railway. But that is history so to say.


Driving in India, and I am talking about metros of the cou View the rest of this article


No comments: