Sunday, September 23, 2007

howtogetwhatyouwant

I had scheduled a morning to write. I had my notes out on the desk, and the computer booted up. Then I went outside to have coffee on the patio, then puttered around in the kitchen, played with the dog, and mailed a letter. I just couldn t get my brain to wake up and go to work. For some people Brain Freeze (masquerading as procrastination) is habitual, and can have damaging effects. It s easy to do things we want to do, but the things we find difficult or unpleasant are what we put off. In my case, it wasn t that I didn t want to write, or that I found writing difficult or unpleasant. I just found it hard to get started. There were so many more interesting ways to use the luxury of that quiet morning. Simply, procrastination is often just a habit of making the wrong View the rest of this article


No comments: