Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Gregg Karukas Heatwave Smooth Jazz Music CD Review

Heatwave is the latest release from Smooth Jazz Star Gregg Karukas, and is another winner from this talented musician. Unfortunately, it’s not everyday that I get a CD from an artist that I can just pop in and comfortably listen to from beginning to end. There is usually a song or two that I just can’t force myself to get through. Not at all the case with Heatwave. Every track is enjoyable and was pretty easy for me to listen to from start to finish. Heatwave has a pleasantly varied, mix of 12 tracks that are very well written songs by this clearly talented artist. Most of the songs display a lot of the kind emotion that makes for a really great listen. Clearly drawing from what I can only imagine are real life experiences. At different points touching on the most real emotions like love, heartbreak, pain, failed relationships and unattainable romance. They’re all here. The nice thing about a CD like this is with this level of talent even if Smooth Jazz isn’t your favorite genre you still can’t help but appreciate the greatness of the artist. If you're even mildly into Smooth Jazz music you'll enjoy this album. Overall Heatwave is an outstanding release. I give it my double thumbs up. You will not be disappointed with one single track. While the entire album is outstanding some of my favorites are track 2 – Your Sweet Smile, track 4 – Too Cool (To Be Hot), and track 12 – I Meant What I Said. My SmoothLee Bonus Pick, and the one that got Sore [...as in "Stuck On REpeat"] is track 3, Riverside Drive. Outstanding! Heatwave Release Notes: Gregg Karukas originally released Heatwave on Oct 22, 2002 on the N-Coded Music record label. CD Track List Follows: 1. Uptown Rendezvous 2. Your Sweet Smile 3. Riverside Drive 4. Too Cool (To Be Hot) 5. Healing Song 6. Heatwave 7. Penthouse View 8. Brooklyn Nights 9. Home To You 10. Last Train 11. Remember When 12. I Meant What I Said Personnel: Gregg Karukas (piano, Fender Rhodes piano, keyboards, synthesizer); Andy Suzuki (saxophone, flute, alto flute); Dino Soldo, Dave Koz, Kirk Whalum (saxophone); Rick Braun (trumpet, flugelhorn); Nick Lane (trombone); Michael O' Neil, Paul Jackson, Jr. (guitar); Mel Brown, Jervonny Collier (bass); William Kennedy, John Lewis (drums); Luis Conte (congas, tambourine, percussion). Includes liner notes by Gregg Karukas. Guests: Dave Koz/Kirk Whalum/ Rick Braun/Paul Jackson Jr. Clyde Lee Dennis a life long music enthusiast, writes CD reviews and is also

the Legal Editor at OklahomaCity.eNewsBriefs.com covering topics like Oklahoma

City Attorneys
and more. Visit OklahomaCity

eNewsBriefs
for the latest Oklahoma

City News


Article Source: http://www.articlepros.com

No comments: