Monday, October 29, 2007

Wish Upon A Shooting Star

I have always been a dreamer. Even when I was a little kid my thoughts were always full of how my life could be different or of how the world could become a better place. Sometimes, after my mom had tucked me into bed with an instruction to stay in my bed no matter what, I'd sneak over to the large window in my bedroom and stare outside into space. I would find an area of the sky that was filled with the most stars and I would wait. I would whisper a wish (because wishes always had to be said outloud) and wait for a shooting star to fall and make my wish come true.
Sometimes my wishes would be for myself and other times I would make wishes for my friends or my family. I didn't like it that my knee got all scraped up when I fell down on the playground, and I didn' View the rest of this article


No comments: