Friday, November 30, 2007

A day in Whistler

The snow is falling furiously outside my window when I am woken by telephone ringing at 0710. I remember that I asked to be called early if it was snowing, and Stefan, my hunky Austrian instructor is at the other end of the line. “I’ll see you at the bottom of the Creekside gondola in 20 minutes”, he says. “Can you really make it that quickly?”. He doesn’t realize that I am staying at one of Holiday Whistler’s ski-in, ski-out homes in Taluswood, a spectacular development of ski lodge homes on the lower slopes of Whistler Mountain. All I have to do is pull my ski clothes on, ease into my boots, grab my skis and poles, press the button that opens the garage door and walk the 10 yards to the ski-out trail. A minute later I am at the bottom of the gondola. View the rest of this article


No comments: