Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Feelin' the chill!

Feeling the chill!
http://surf-photography.avlindustries.com
It was a cold and wet December day, when my feet touched the sand at
Sendai Shinko.
The sand was blanketed white with fresh snow, the sky grey, the waves
perfect, and the line up empty. It should have been a perfect setup, the
kind of day a surfer dreams of, but I could barely muster up the
enthusiasm to strap on my leash. That December day was last year, it’s
fresh in my mind now as the first snows are starting to fall on the
mountains around Sendai. Oh well, here we go again
Being an Australian, growing up in Queensland, I have never had to
think about cold. Cold water surfing prior to Japan was wearing a 3mm
full suit in winter for the early session for comfo View the rest of this article


No comments: